Sunday, December 17, 2006

Why Giada is the Devil!

A nice sunny warm Saturday. David went to his dad's after the basketball game. I could putter in the yard (ok - I really need to wrestle those leaves) go to the doggie park, enjoy a nice day...and then... Giada! I put the first of several loads of laundry on, got my first cup of coffee and decided to sit & surf until it was time for the next load to go in. Why did I have to stop on Food Network? Why? There she was, all deceivingly cute and perky. "Oh, today my friends are coming over for a cookie buffet. Let's make Italian Christmas cookies." I should have turned the channel right then & there. But alas, I was weak - so for the next 30 minutes I watched her make Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti (OMG good) Fig & Walnut filled cookies (for which I substituted apricots) and the killer Florentines (like carmel lacy almondy yummies with melted dark chocolate in the center). So what did I do? Why download the recipes, drive my Saturday self to the store and get the ingredients to make all 3! I spent the entire day making cookies (I did manage to get most of the laundry done) - let me just say I could have seriously eaten EVERY Florentine I made (but I didn't think anyone would take my 911 call seriously).

1 comment:

DrofAudio said...

There is help for people like you. I will try to put you in touch with a counselor.

Eric

August Bounty

August Bounty