Monday, January 17, 2011

and...we're back

Well it's been an interesting week. Snow, snow, freezing temperatures and tonight - sleet - it's like the icing on the cake.

So I made it back to yoga tonight for the first time in a week and I can tell I'm lacking in flexibility after just one week.

But we did something new, a pose I hadn't heard of or done before. Puppy pose - Uttana Shishosana. Our yogi had us link our fingers (unlike the photo we did not put our palms flat on the floor) we linked our fingers and did what I could describe as a push-up - I was pleasantly surprised that I could do 5 or six (I really wasn't counting).

I am doing better with Pigeon pose - Eka Pada Rajakapotasana. I am able to breathe through it much better.

But my success today was Tree pose - Vriksha-asana - I held it, both sides and didn't waiver or fall :)

No comments:

August Bounty

August Bounty