Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year - New Format - New Blog

Happy New Year and welcome 2011. I hope 2011 and I will make many great memories together.

For many years I've talked, dreamed, played around with getting this crazy weight off my body - today is the day, this is the year, the time for change has come.

So many things in my life have drifted past because I let them. For so long I've been hiding behind my weight, using it as an excuse not to do things, meet people, make changes. No longer.

2011 has arrived on a rainy but warm winter day - so I am taking that as a sign of washing away the old, used, tired, not working ideas of the past. A clean start, a new approach, a chance to reinvent myself in a way I choose, not to meet anyone's idea of what should be, but actually what I want.

The first challenge is, I really don't know what I want. So today, like many I am sitting down and actually thinking about it - What is important to me? What matters? The easy answer is always - The Dude - The Dude matters above all else. However, this is supposed to be about me - so, what is it about me that matters?

In order to be the best mom to the the best kid in the world, I need to take care of myself. I need to be healthy and active and fun. Yeah, this will be interesting for sure.

No comments:

August Bounty

August Bounty