Sunday, January 2, 2011

Priorities and Goal Setting

Sounds redundant? Not really, priorities and goals are two totally different things - or so I am learning. Today my objective is to brainstorm my priorities, things that are important in my life (like, the Dude - obviously) and other things that are important in my life.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

The Dude, health, happiness and security - in that order. So what does it mean that The Dude is my top priority? It means that above the other things on the list I want to be actively involved and present in his life to help him grow into a well rounded young man. Which if that is accomplished the others are kinda automatic. I love how a plan comes together :)

So my number one priority also includes becoming a more healthy and active person, so that I can be involved in his life, it means that I will take care of myself in order to be able to take care of him. He's old enough now that being away for an hour or two to work on myself is totally doable and really I think he likes a little alone time now and then as well.

No comments:

August Bounty

August Bounty