Thursday, March 1, 2012

I... Have Become Comfortably Numb

You know that place where you KNOW what you need to do, but you just don't...

For so many years I have allowed things from my past to dictate the way I live my daily life. I was hurt, my little family torn apart. I picked up the pieces and put together a life for DS and myself. Little by little I felt the real/old me coming back. But lately I'll have days/weeks of clarity and focus and then for no reason, like today - I'm back to hiding in the shadows. I'm ready to get off this blasted roller coaster.

I have done things over the past two years I never thought I would do. (Meet people I only know via the Internet.) Which thankfully included getting out and making some new friends...and yet I still retreat into my little world that only lives inside my house. Why? I haven't found the answer yet. But I try. I try everyday. Days like today it's a struggle I don't want to have to undertake.

I'm such a planner but not necessarily a follower-through-er. Oy.

No comments:

August Bounty

August Bounty